From Aljazeera: “Friday’s explosion is the second attack on a Shia mosque since Pakistani security forces stepped up operations against the Pakistani Taliban and its allies following a December attack on a Peshawar school.”
(I Am Not Ashamed Of The Gospel Of Christ) This is breaking news this morning from Pakistan. Multiple news agencies such as Reuters, BBC, and CCTV are reporting on this. Only one links it or compares it to the violence increasing in the country. Al-Jazeera points out that this attack followed the crackdown on the Taliban by the Pakistani government after the massacre of School Children by them. Sources say that over 100 Taliban associates were hanged in the weeks following the attack. This newest bombing is significant in that if a full scale war were to break out with Taliban, and ISIS (we already know they are there) and Pakistan would fail to contain it, Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal would fall into the hands of terrorists. And given that the US refuses to call the Taliban a terrorist organization, implications are very dire.
The other breaking news from Pakistan is that the man who assassinated Salmaan Taseer will most likely go free. At the least unpunished. There are reports that say even though he confessed to the assassination court records have disappeared. Who is Salmaan Taseer & why should we be concerned?
- He was a “Pakistani businessman and politician who served as the 26th governor of the province of Punjab from 2008 until his assassination in early 2011.”
- On 4 January 2011, Taseer was assassinated in Islamabad by his own security guard Mumtaz Qadri, who disagreed with Taseer’s opposition to Pakistan’s blasphemy law.
- In an interview with Meher Bukhari on Samaa TV, Taseer commented on his view about the country’s blasphemy law and on filing a mercy petition for Asia Bibi who has been sentenced to death by a court under the Blasphemy Law.
- On 4 January 2011, one of Taseer’s bodyguards, Malik Mumtaz Qadri, shot him 27 times with an MP5 sub-machine gun at Kohsar Market,near his home in Sector F6, Islamabad, as he was returning to his car after meeting a friend for lunch.
- Taseer made headlines when he favoured the Christian Pakistani woman, Asia Bibi,who had been sentenced to death for blasphemy. It was suspected that this was the main reason for his assassination.
- After the shooting, Qadri threw his weapon down and put his hands up when one of his colleagues aimed at him. He reportedly pleaded to be arrested. Qadri reportedly said he killed Taseer due to the latter’s vocal opposition to the blasphemy law in Pakistan. Taseer called the Blasphemy Law a “black law.”
So now the man who assassinated him goes unpunished. Not only goes unpunished, but sends a message to Pakistan that opposition to the “dark law” (Blasphemy) will end in death. Again, Pakistan receives aid from the west in the Billions, and Human rights abuses, murder & Christian Persecution goes unchecked. As a man confesses to murder,and goes unpunished, a Christian woman is sentenced to death for drinking from a muslim well, and a Christian couple was burned alive at a brick kiln for their faith and the barbaric bonded labor program. And the aid continues. And the abuses continue. People are fleeing in fear for their lives, others go into hiding, or walk in fear constantly looking over their shoulder for the next attack. Pray for Pakistan.
Credit to Wikipedia
Categories: Blaspheme, Christian persecution, Commentary by CJ, History, ISIS, islamists, Middle East Crises, news, News Of The Day Heartbreaking & Prophetic, Pakistan, persecution of children in the middle east, Persecution of women in the middle east, Religion of Peace, Taliban, War & Rumors of War