By Julia and CJ
Engaging in an oath/Covenant implied that if one side were to default, God would consequently ensure they receive proper punishment. Such covenants assured that either blessings or curses be enacted in response to the circumstances.
Whenever anyone veers from the path God has set before them as holy and is of His will nothing good can come of it. God has made a covenant with His people,we cannot live outside of that covenant by living in sin and go against Gods moral laws (2 Timothy 2:19).
Scripture does not condone men with men or women with women as a holy union ordained by God. To do such things is as the book of romans teaches us they are changing the truth of God into a lie! To live in such a way God has called them covenant breakers(Romans 1:24-32).
The degradation of societal norms is not a new thing. Its not a modern discovery. Even though its been given a new name, new symbol and they have changed all laws and customs to justify breaking the EVERLASTING covenant.
The breakdown of morals both biblical and secular has been around since ancient times.
The Bible gives specific examples of wickedness and how God deals with it. In Noah’s day the whole world declined into wickedness. Sodom and Gomorrah slipped into moral decay breaking all commandments.
The tales of the founding of Rome are steeped in Ancient Gods. We were taught they were myth but these deities were worshiped. The Ancient God Mars supposedly came to a vestal virgin and engaged in sexual acts. This union produced twins, that the King was jealous of and was said to order their death. They were found abandoned by a river, nursed by a “she-wolf” and later raised by sheperds. Romulus killed Remus over a dispute on which of the 7 hills to place Rome. Steeped in pagan dieties Rome grew. Rome worshipped multiple pagan deities, did you know:
- By the height of the Empire, numerous international deities were cultivated at Rome and had been carried to even the most remote provinces, among them Cybele, Isis, Epona, and gods of solar monism such as Mithras and Sol Invictus, found as far north as Roman Britain.
- Foreign religions increasingly attracted devotees among Romans, who increasingly had ancestry from elsewhere in the Empire.
- Imported mystery religions, which offered initiates salvation in the afterlife, were a matter of personal choice for an individual, practiced in addition to carrying on one’s family rites and participating in public religion.
- Romans had never been obligated to cultivate one god or one cult only, religious tolerance was not an issue in the sense that it is for competing monotheistic systems.
- The Roman triumph was at its core a religious procession in which the victorious general displayed his piety and his willingness to serve the public good by dedicating a portion of his spoils to the gods, especially Jupiter, who embodied just rule. (Just as we see today with Islamists murderous offerrings to their god.)
Some facts about ancient Rome that parallel todays worldly decline in morals:
- It was expected and socially acceptable for a freeborn Roman man to want relations with both female and male partners, as long as he took the dominant role.
- Prostitution was legal by Roman law as long as moderation was observed.
- Some Roman men kept a male concubine (concubinus, “one who lies with; a bed-mate”) before they married a woman.
- Within the hierarchy of household slaves, the concubinus seems to have been regarded as holding a special or elevated status that was threatened by the introduction of a wife.
- In a wedding hymn, Catullus portrays the groom’s concubinus as anxious about his future and fearful of abandonment. His long hair will be cut, and he will have to resort to the female slaves.
- The relationships between same sex mostly concentrated on men, but it existed also with women. It was publically shown with pride.
- In Roman culture a man who rapes another adult male almost always expresses contempt or revenge.
- We see rape used today especially in Middle Eastern culture as vengeance and humiliation.
- Fears of mass rape following a military defeat extended equally to male and female potential victims. According to the jurist Pomponius, “whatever man has been raped by the force of robbers or the enemy in wartime” ought to bear no stigma.
- The Romans in general regarded marriage between a man and woman, mainly to produce children, but it was not uncommon for same sex weddings to take place.
- The main reason for not celebrating man, man weddings was mockery and the fear that these unions would be forced to be recognized in law. Something that the West, especially America has pushed aside and proudly declared same sex unions legal, and moral. Even prosecuting or persecuting those who disagree.
- Various ancient sources state that the emperor Nero celebrated two public weddings with men, once taking the role of the bride (with a freedman Pythagoras), and once the groom (with Sporus); there may have been a third in which he was the bride.
- The ceremonies included traditional elements such as a dowry and the wearing of the Roman bridal veil.
- In the early 3rd century AD, the emperor Elagabalus is reported to have been the bride in a wedding to his male partner
- Caeser and Nero both held male prostitutes and this practice for the elite was considered culturally acceptable.
- The sexual license and decadence under the empire was seen as a contributing factor and symptom of the loss of the ideals of physical integrity (libertas) under the Republic.
- Sex was not something to be hidden or ashamed of in ancient Rome, but sexuality was strictly managed by the state.
- Such historians as Edward Gibbon and Arnold Toynbee especially have speculated on this issue. Was Rome’s fall due to loss of virtue, to sexual and material decadence, or to misrule?
With Christianity spreading, these debased morals began to change the roman people, condemning impure and unnatural relations, and teachings about the Love of Christ, and Gods commandments, which many claimed was one of the reasons Rome fell. You see some say that Christians spread “passive” atitudes causing a weakening of the military. But just as Nero blamed Christians for the burning of Rome, the debauchery and economic woes played the part in decimating the military. Just as we see today. Don’t get me wrong, we have the utmost respect for our military, but Obamas new policies of defunding, and encouraging same sex relations, transgenders and non genders was meant to de-moralize not strengthen. And for the record we are not homophobic, or islamophobic, we just tell the truth.
We now have 3 genders male, female, and neither. Yes thats right, you can now identify as nothing. We have artists impregnating their ovaries with Animal (dog) semen and calling it art. Some states say its ok to have sex with animals. Men become pregnant, we can now choose sex, skin color, eye color etc. Of an unborn child. Babies are breeded in test tubes, its now a law that we are to honor same sex unions or face prosecution. We have our school system teaching our small children that they can choose their sex. Our tax money is funding gender change surgeries, abortions are increasing to unheard of numbers, even harvesting aborted organs for science, need I go on??
Is all this in light of Gods Holy Covenant?
Its time to wake up.
Sources:Wikipedia, the global dispatch, Heritage daily, The Telegraph, New World Encyclopedia