I want to say from the start that I support Israel. That said, again we see the attempted revival of the Sanhedrin. The Sanhedrin has attempted to revive throughout the centuries. What is the Sanhedrin?
- The Great Sanhedrin was made up of a Nasi, (Hebrew for ‘prince’) who functioned as head or representing president, but was not a member of the court, an Av Beit Din, the chief of the court, and sixty-nine general members (Mufla).
- In the Second Temple period, the Great Sanhedrin met in the Hall of Hewn Stones in the Temple in Jerusalem.
- The court convened every day except festivals and Shabbat.
- In the late 3rd century, to avoid persecution, its authoritative decisions were issued under the name of Beit HaMidrash.
- Historically, the last binding decision of the Great Sanhedrin appeared in 358 CE, when the Hebrew Calendar was adopted.
- The Sanhedrin was dissolved after continued persecution by the Roman Empire and aspiring Christendom.
- Over the centuries, there have been attempts to revive the institution, such as the Grand Sanhedrin convened by Napoleon Bonaparte and modern attempts in Israel.
- The Sanhedrin is mentioned in the Gospels in relation to the Sanhedrin trial of Jesus and several times in the Acts of the Apostles, including a Great Sanhedrin in chapter 5 where Gamaliel appeared, and in the stoning death of Stephen the deacon in chapter 7.
Breaking Israel News is reporting that the Sanhedrin will try the Pope. I can’t fault them for wanting to condemn the recent activity by the Pope. The Pope has recently recognized the PA and has said in effect that Israel has no right to Jerusalem. I can not begin to condone this. Even making a controversial statement, that has according to the Pope been mis-construed, stating that Abbas was an Angel of Peace. I can’t imagine that anyone would liken Abbas and the PA to Angels, but he did. The very mention however of the Sanhedrin sends chills down my spine. Read Matthew 26:57-67, John 11:45-57 & Acts 7.
There have been many in Israel (Rabbi’s) that have proclaimed that the era of their Messiah is at hand. In fact at least one leading Rabbi say’s that it is imminent.
Don’t get me wrong, I support Israel. We are the branch from their roots. (Read Romans 11) I think it is utterly intriguing that all events down to the Sanhedrin are being resurrected today, in the era of the return of Jesus our Messiah. This is very significant, and it bears watching. I personally can not believe that the 3rd Temple will be rebuilt before the return of Jesus. Or to put it another way, this is not a requirement set forth by God before the return of Jesus. Jesus clearly stated “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.” Mark 13:2
And He also said: “Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! “For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!’ (Matthew 23:38-39)
Their house as Jesus called it is desolate at the moment. In fact the abomination that causes desolation is in place of their House. But in effect Jesus destroyed the House at the very moment of His death.
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;… (Matthew 27:50-52)
Then just as He prophesied, the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. and the Israelites were scattered through the whole earth. And the rest is History. But remember we have to look at the beginning to see the end. The very things; governments, evil entities, chaos, economic collapse, that are in Revelation and other books of Prophecy are coming into fruition right before our eyes. Now the very atmosphere down to the governing bodies in Jerusalem that was alive and well when Jesus brought His message to the courts and Temple is attempting to resurrect. So again I ask, “Do you know what time it is?” Can you see the storm clouds on the horizon? It’s time to press in, press into the Word of God. Recognize what is happening. We will witness much, much more. But we do have the promise of our Messiah that He will never leave us or forsake us, and that He will return.
Credit to Wikipedia
Categories: Christianity in the news, Commentary by CJ, History, Israel in the News, Jewish History, Middle East Crises, Mis-information, new world order, News Of The Day Heartbreaking & Prophetic, Prophecy