Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13)
Lahore Agenzia Fides – “We must continue to pray and hope for Asia Bibi”, after the Lahore High Court upheld the death penalty for the Christian woman convicted of blasphemy in 2010. This was reported to Fides Agency by Fr. Emmanuel Yousaf, Director of the “National Commission for Justice and Peace” NCJP of the Pakistani Bishops and parish priest in Lahore. “The confirmation of the conviction is bad news for all of us. The lawyers did their best and the whole Christian community was waiting with confidence. On Sunday we will pray in our churches for the life of this innocent woman”, says Fr. Emmanuel in an interview with Fides. “In any case – he adds – hope remains alive: we will appeal to the Supreme Court, and I want to remember the cases in which the Court overturned the sentences handed down in the previous degrees of judgment. I remember a story we followed closely with the Justice and Peace Commission: the case of Ayub Masih, a Christian, also sentenced to death for blasphemy and saved thanks to the acquittal verdict of the Supreme Court”.Fr. Emmanuel ensures the closeness, solidarity and prayer of the Catholic Church of Pakistan “to Asia, her family and all those who suffer injustice and are innocent and find themselves in prison: they are the image of the suffering Christ”. With regards to any changes to the blasphemy law, the Director notes, “Changes are not on the political agenda. Islamabad is shaken by turmoil and street protests and the government and Parliament have other matters to deal with”. PA Agenzia Fides 17/10/2014 via The Church: “Asia Bibi sentenced, but hope is alive” – Fides News Agency.
This report actually made me cry, Oh God no, How long oh Lord? I immediately thought of my own selfish complaints and needs and said God forgive me. My sister in Christ is suffering and facing death for only believing in Christ, and I am thinking of nothing but me. How many can say the same thing. Our brothers and sisters in Pakistan are treated with disdain and even hatred and face death under the barbaric, demonic, illegal blaspheme law. I say illegal because in the international community of western nations it is illegal to deny anyone the right to worship as they wish. So this is in clear violation of international law. Why is the UN, and western nations so dead set on sending monetary, military, and logistics to countries like Pakistan. This quote from Fox News for 2012 will curl your hair: “Pakistan is one of the largest recipients of U.S. assistance. Nearly $3 billion in U.S. aid to Pakistan is planned for fiscal 2012. About $1.6 billion of the FY2012 funds are security-related and most of the remaining $1.4 billion is for economic development. Pakistan has received over $20 billion in military and non-military aid since 2001. About $9 billion of that total went to reimburse Pakistan for its expenses incurred in supporting U.S. military operations.”
Why, why are we spending billions of dollars to aid in these barbaric practices. Why is Pakistan not held to the same standards as western nations and even the UN? We must speak out, we must send a message to our lawmakers that all aid to Pakistan that is not totally related to food, and assistance be stopped immediately. We must send a message to our lawmakers that unless Pakistan and other nations like them are held to the same standards as the rest of the world and International Law demanding freedom for all, all funding and support will stop. We must send a message that we want the funds sent monitored and held accountable.
We must join in prayer for our sister Asia, and others like her enduring persecution. Pray for conviction of these leaders and western leaders to stop these barbaric practices. Pray for God to show His light of truth to these nations and lost. Pray for Strength, courage, and comfort for Asia and her family. God will prevail. He is with us, He will not desert us in our time of sorrow.
- The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings. (Psalm 9)
- “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” (Deuternomy 31:8)
- “So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)
- “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” (Isaiah 41:10-13)
- “Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73)
Categories: Christian persecution, Commentary by CJ, islamists, Middle East Crises, news, Pakistan, persecution of children in the middle east, Persecution of women in the middle east, Prophecy, Religion of Peace