Is the Arab Spring and it’s leaders in the Bible? When you try to make sense out of what has happened since the beginning of the so called ‘Arab Spring’, you see a pattern beginning to form. There are distinct snapshots from at least 3 places in the Bible that describe what is happening, and what will happen in the near future. Genesis gives us the geneology of the players and even lays out geographic references. But lets look at what until recently has been clouded and sealed if you will. From Libya, to Egypt, to Sudan, to Turkey, to Syria, to Iran. All these are nations spoken of by the prophets that would come against Israel in the end times. The battle of all battles that will culminate in the return of the promised Messiah. Several years ago when I first started earnestly studying I couldn’t see how these nations would align. Granted there have always been wars, some worse than others, but still I couldn’t see how this alignment would take place. It wasn’t until after Egypt that it began to become clear.
If you look at Ezekiel 38, Daniel and Revelation you begin to see a coalition of governments and religion that form to serve God’s purpose: (Ezekiel 39:7-8)
“I will make known my Holy name among my people Israel. I will no longer let my Holy name be profaned and the nations will know that I the Lord am the Holy One in Israel. It is coming! It will surely take place declares the Sovereign Lord. This is the day I have spoken of.”
This has never happened. You see God say’s He will make His Holy Name known to the nations, and they will know that He is the Lord and the Holy One in Israel. This is coming, and it’s coming very soon. The time has started again. The time spoken of by the Angel in Revelation 10: 5-7
- Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven.
- And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, “There will be no more delay!
- But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”
Also in Daniel 12:9
And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
There has been much debate about Daniel’s 70 weeks. They say that there is a pause in the prophetic time clock given to Daniel, many say it paused after Christ’s death. I do tend to agree that there is a 3/12 year period that is unaccounted for and will begin again when man reaches the point of no return as it has now. When man reaches a point as in Noah’s day where the world was completely wicked and in the time of Jonah when God told the Ninevites repent or I will destroy you.
Jesus made reference to both of these in his warnings as to what the end time would resemble, and we are seeing both right now.
- The world has slid into wickedness as a whole.
- The last holdouts for God and His word are circling the drain.
- Homosexuality is rampant, murder is rampant, wars are being waged that horrifies even the most hardened criminal.
- Secret deals are being laid out, secret plans are being laid for control of the oil rich area’s in the middle east and Africa, they are using flattery and gifts to seal deals and the fate of God’s Holy Land.
They are building their tower of ‘Babel’. “Come let us make bricks… Let us build for ourselves a city and a tower that will reach into heaven, let us make for ourselves a name.”
What they are doing in secret to make this tower they think is unseen by God, but it is not as Zechariah tells us in chapter 5, his vision of the flying scroll. He was given this explanation: It is a measuring basket. This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land. Then the cover of lead was raised and there in the basket sat a woman. He said, This is wickedness and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth. ‘ When Zechariah asked where they were taking it, he was told: ‘To the country of Babylonia, to build a house for it. When it is ready the basket will be set there in it’s place.’
So in their zeal to secretly build man’s kingdom and rule of the entire world they have overlooked the fact that God has known their plan from the beginning. This mirrors also the woman on the beast in Revelation.
The world leaders today who are hastening this alignment think that is to build their ‘Tower of Babel’ their tower that reaches above God’s throne, and laws. But they fail to realize God is in control. He’s using them to bring about his prophecies of old. His prophecy to bring these nation’s against the ‘Holy Mountains of Israel’. His judgment for the Nations, He will see to it that this time, the Nations will know that He is God and His Holy Name will be profaned no more. It’s coming and it’s coming fast.
Jesus spoke of this also. Not only in Revelation but in Luke 21:20 and Matthew 24:15:
- And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
- When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
This was not only about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD, although he did predict the destruction of the temple. He described what we are witnessing today with man’s climb into the heaven, an abomination of desolation that wishes to defame the Holy name of God, and claim that the world belongs to them. You see the world powers are using this evil, this false religion in the region to war against itself thinking that in the end they will step in and the control will be theirs.They are even pronouncing they are God.
This will not happen. God is in control, this will however cause the clock to begin ticking again, as we are seeing now. Psalm 83 also tells us of the alignments taking place with the ‘Arab Spring’ today. It’s disguised as a good thing, a thing to bring peace and democracy and ‘Mans Governmental control’ (Man’s Tower of Babel), but it is God’s plan from the beginning. He knew what man was going to be up to. He looked down through time and saw this very day, this very hour that we are living in right now. When the wickedness of man has reached the point of no return.
- O God, do not remain silent; do not turn a deaf ear, do not stand aloof, O God.
- See how your enemies growl, how your foes rear their heads.
- With cunning they conspire against your people; they plot against those you cherish.
- “Come,” they say, “let us destroy them as a nation, so that Israel’s name is remembered no more.”
- With one mind they plot together; they form an alliance against you—the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,of Moab and the Hagrites,
- Byblos, Ammon and Amalek, Philistia, with the people of Tyre.
- Even Assyria has joined them to reinforce Lot’s descendants.
So is the ‘Arab Spring’ (man’s tower of babel) predicted in the Bible? Yes. And Exekiel 38 describes this and how it will end, perfectly. It all culminates in Revelation when the “Mystery of God is revealed as told to His prophets of old.” Are you ready? He’s Coming, He’s Close, Can You Feel Him.
Credit to Bible Hub & Bible Gateway, & Dreamstime (for photo’s)