You would think that before a group of Egyptian (Muslim fundamentalist) politicians sat around a table to discuss intelligence strategies about how to deal with their enemies, that someone would tell them they would be on live television. But, alas, no one did and well, these politicians – in a meeting chaired by President Mohammed Mursi – discussed, well… intelligence strategies about how to deal with their enemies.
A key moment occurs at the 2:35 mark when Ayman Nour, Chairman of the Ghad Al-Thawra Party begins by suggesting that what he is going to say may not be something that should be said. He then proceeds to enunciate suggestions on how to intimidate Ethiopia into not building the dam. One of those suggestions is to send a “task force that will deal with politics and intelligence” into that country instead diplomats to an “embassy”. He then suggests that Egypt “should intervene in their domestic affairs” and “leak intelligence” of a military nature intended to intimidate Ethiopia.
A little bit later, at the 4:50 mark, comes the crescendo as another Party Chairman outwardly identifies America and Israel as enemies (Mursi does not object).
“I’m very fond of battles. With the enemies, of course – with America and Israel, but this battle must be waged with maximum judiciousness and calm… Our war is with America and Israel, not with Ethiopia.” – Magdi Ahmad Hussein, Chairman of Islamic Labor Party
Did you catch that part about being “judicious” and “calm”? This is where Muruna comes in.
Well, at least we know what’s really important to our “enemies”.
- 5.5 - POTOSI, BOLIVIA July 23, 2014
- 3.73 - 58.6 miles NNW of Yakutat July 22, 2014
- 6.9 - FIJI REGION July 21, 2014
- 6.6 - KURIL ISLANDS July 20, 2014
- 5.5 - KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND July 20, 2014
- 4.6 - 55.4 miles NNW of Yakutat July 20, 2014
- 5.7 - OWEN FRACTURE ZONE REGION July 19, 2014
- 6 - TONGA July 19, 2014
- 3.1 - 55.6 km (34.5 mi) SSE of Adel, OR July 19, 2014
- 5.4 - SOUTH OF THE KERMADEC ISLANDS July 19, 2014