A family of four have been killed by the monster tornado that roared through Oklahoma on Monday, claiming at least 91 lives, with dozens still missing and hundreds of people injured.
The family, who have not yet been identified, were killed as they scrambled to seek shelter from the storm in a freezer, KFOR reported.
It was one of many heartbreaking stories that emerged in the hours after a deadly tornado ripped through the town of Moore along with incredible tales of survival.
A teacher at Plaza Towers Elementary School, which was flattened by the tornado, lay on top of six children taking shelter in a school bathroom from the ferocious winds. The teacher is said to have been seriously injured.
Devastation: Two girls stand in rubble after a two mile-wide tornado struck Moore, Oklahoma
Into the light: A family leaves an underground bunker in the wake of the destruction caused by the natural disaster
- 3 - 45.7 km (28.4 mi) SSE of Adel, OR July 24, 2014
- 3.5 - WESTERN MONTANA July 23, 2014
- 5.5 - POTOSI, BOLIVIA July 23, 2014
- 3.73 - 58.6 miles NNW of Yakutat July 22, 2014
- 6.9 - FIJI REGION July 21, 2014
- 6.6 - KURIL ISLANDS July 20, 2014
- 5.5 - KERMADEC ISLANDS, NEW ZEALAND July 20, 2014
- 4.6 - 55.4 miles NNW of Yakutat July 20, 2014
- 5.7 - OWEN FRACTURE ZONE REGION July 19, 2014
- 6 - TONGA July 19, 2014