A family of four have been killed by the monster tornado that roared through Oklahoma on Monday, claiming at least 91 lives, with dozens still missing and hundreds of people injured.
The family, who have not yet been identified, were killed as they scrambled to seek shelter from the storm in a freezer, KFOR reported.
It was one of many heartbreaking stories that emerged in the hours after a deadly tornado ripped through the town of Moore along with incredible tales of survival.
A teacher at Plaza Towers Elementary School, which was flattened by the tornado, lay on top of six children taking shelter in a school bathroom from the ferocious winds. The teacher is said to have been seriously injured.
Devastation: Two girls stand in rubble after a two mile-wide tornado struck Moore, Oklahoma
Into the light: A family leaves an underground bunker in the wake of the destruction caused by the natural disaster
- 5.4 - PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION April 22, 2014
- 5.4 - 34.7 miles ESE of Adak April 24, 2014
- 3.7 - OKLAHOMA April 20, 2014
- 4 - OKLAHOMA April 20, 2014
- 5.7 - BOUGAINVILLE REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA April 20, 2014
- 3.2 - 8.8 km (5.5 mi) NE of Tooele, UT April 21, 2014
- 6.1 - SOLOMON ISLANDS April 20, 2014
- 3.59 - 51.5 miles N of Kotzebue April 19, 2014
- 5.8 - OFFSHORE TARAPACA, CHILE April 19, 2014
- 5.6 - BOUGAINVILLE REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA April 19, 2014